1. Soy Wax is All Natural: Soy wax, extracted from soybeans, is a hydrogenated vegetable oil that, at room temperature, transforms into a solid. The beans are purified, cracked, dehulled, and rolled into flakes after they are harvested. Soy wax contains nothing artificial, making it a safer alternative to old-fashioned paraffin wax, which, when burned or melted, is made of petroleum oil and creates dangerous by-products.
2. Soy burns longer: Although soy candles seem to be more costly, they're very comparable to paraffin when you factor in the longer burning time
3. Soy is sustainable: Since soy wax is made from soybeans, since soybeans are a sustainable resource, it is helpful to the environment. Paraffin wax, which is not a natural resource, is derived from petroleum. If you are pregnant, have children, or have pets, this is highly important because it is the wisest option in regards to health. You want to avoid blends of wax or candles that don't mention the exact ingredient breakdown.
4. Soy is better for your health: Since soy wax is made from all natural materials, it is believed to provide a cleaner burn than paraffin wax which i derived from petroleum. When paraffin candles burn, it is common to hear people complain of headaches, but this is usually not due to the wax smell, but rather to the chemicals it releases into the air.
5. Soy won't ruin your walls: Paraffin candle pollutants build up on walls, staining the paint in your house. In upholstery fabrics and in carpets, they also build up, impacting the air quality in your house.